Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What a year!

This is the longest I have gone without posting something!  I do not want to use the phrase.."I am so busy".  Honestly, I hate that phrase.  It feels so isolating talking to someone saying that haven't called you back, helped out, etc b/c they are so busy.  Honestly, this year I am fighting becoming that person.  I feel so busy.  So busy that I have become sick.  It has taken me over 14 days to recover from this cold and to be honest - my body is still fighting.  I am run down, I am tired, and now I am sick.  Let me just say, I have totally enjoyed this year.  Everything is going really well, but it is too much.

Kimberlyn is in soccer and loving it!  Jake is her coach, despite his heavy load of football coaching this season and leading our SWAG group at church.  Blake is playing soccer and I am managing both teams.  Volunteering for PTA - although I have only done one thing so far.  Soccer is busy - 2 practices and 2 games a week.  Plus dance on Thursdays - and Jake's games.  I work 2 part time jobs and I am trying so hard to still make the most of my Fridays off with Blake.  His last year to have a weekday off.   I am not saying this to toot our horns or talk as if we are busier than anyone else b/c that could not be further from the truth.  I am listing all of this b/c I am weary.  I feel like something has to give, but I don't know what it is.  Soccer has been very rewarding for both kids.  Great kids, great exercise, it is outside, and we do it as a family.  It does not get much better than that.  Thankfully we get a break in November until February from Soccer.  Maybe I just need to get used to this schedule.  B/c Jake's work can't change either.  And honestly, we don't want it to.  We absolutely love all of this.  And I pray it is all being used for God's Glory - which we are with all our hearts trying to do.

Today in my Bible Reading I found so much comfort and God's perfect peace in this Bible Verse...Mathew 11:28-30.

Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.

Isn't that beautiful?!  Obviously, I know people out there have burdens far beyond their control.  Mine is within my control.  And my sickness actually gave me a break.  I am seeing what I need to see but could not before in all of the busyness.  I pray instead of busyness we find people, relationships, and ultimately God and prayer far more important.  May I never feel to busy to listen to someone about their burdens or struggles or even better their joys and praises.  That is how we help grant rest to those who are weary or help build one another up.  Obviously, certain things cannot be avoided, but may it be the exception rather than the rule.  Christ's Kingdom is about relationships.

No comments: