Friday, August 24, 2012

This Moment is really happening

Kindergarten - Mrs. Otenti
First Grade - Mrs. Stevens

Edd Eason took this soon to be PREK boy to our church's Car Show.  Daddy Jake was tied up with Football.  Blake had a blast and now wants a playdate with Granddad in Heart

Let me just say sending Kimberlyn to Kindergarten was so easy.  We kept her at CARE where I worked, and she had the amazing Mrs. Otenti as her teacher. We loved loved loved Kindergarten. Now I embark upon sending her to First Grade in a Public School.  It really is hard.  My kids have always been to school with me.  I could check on them whenever I wanted to.  I have a flood of emotion about sending her to First Grade.  I am really glad I am doing this b/c if this is how it feels now -I cannot imagine college/marriage.  So this is a nice warm up session before that big one(s)!  I am also blessed that Kimberlyn is in Mrs. Stevens class!  What better way to help ease a mother's heart than to know her teacher very well and love her dearly.  She will also keep an eye on Kimberlyn and Blake throughout their years at their school.  I am so thankful for this gift.  Serioiusly, her Kindergarten and First Grade teachers being fellow church members - who gets that kind of gift!  We do!  :)
That little boy in the picture below, oh yeah -  He is totally going to PREK.  Please slow down the hands of time!!!  While I feel a bit anxious right now, I am also very very excited to see them grow and blossom.  A friend of mine once said, "Every stage is fun.  But you do have to let go of one stage to enter another."  I am nervous, a little anxious, but flooded with gratefulness b/c I know God is there every step of the way. 
PLEASE PRAY FOR ME!  I AM VERY NERVOUS! 
Blake is also starting soccer and Jake is officially the head coach of Kimberlyn's team.  Lots going on starting next week!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

how cool that you have kelli as kimberlyn's teacher. what a huge blessing!