Tuesday, August 07, 2012

The Wiggles!

On July 28 we went to the Wiggles Farewell tour in Grand Prairie.  Well, it is farewell for Greg, Jeff and Murray.  Anthony is staying on and they are welcoming 3 new Wiggles, one being a girl named Emma, who I think was there as a Wiggly Dancer.  It was so great.  The last concert we went to Sam was the Yellow Wiggle b/c Greg had to step down after 15 years due to health.  He went through a real low point in his life after stepping down - getting divorced, but he has found new life.  He recently remarried someone who will not let negative energy in their house.  I know all of this b/c this story was in People Magazine.  Don't worry, he wasn't sharing this info at the concert.  :)  Well, he now has another child and he wants them to know him as a Wiggle, so he fought his way back to the Wiggles and was deemed healthy enough to travel.  We were so grateful to see him.  Sam was amazing, but Greg is the orignal so we were blessed enough to see both.  The kids had a blast.  Kimberlyn screamed and hollered just like you are supposed to at a concert.  I even splurged and let them get souveniers.  This is the last hurrah so we had to, right?!.  The Wiggles have meant so much to our family for so many years.  They got my energy back when I was a tired cranky mama.  I  started dancing to the Wiggles with the kids and I got my groove back.  So even Mama Lindsay loves the Wiggles.  Jake does too. 
Our Wiggley Fingers!


Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car!


Now instead of singing Anthony is eating he has so much food, they say Anthony is standing on his hands b/c he is Gymnastics Man!  Ha Ha! 
Captain Feathersword
Murray is a star - A Rock Star!


Jeff

Murray!

The resolution is not the best at concerts and I do not have a zoom lens.  The close ups I had to take quick, but thankful this year I was able to get a close up of 2 of them! 

Here are some pics from our 2008 concert.  Note some of the eery similarities - not planned.  Kimberlyn has a Dorothy hat at both concerts, the two Wiggles we see up close both times are Jeff and Murray - Kind of funny! Both concerts were great.  The 2008 concert was a lot more theatrical and the current concert was a bit more basic but so special b/c they were going out as they started.  We absolutely loved both concerts.  Glad Blake is going to remember the current one!

Ellie, Emma and Kimberlyn
Baby Boo Bear - slept through a good chunk of this concert
I adore this face!

Toot Toot Chugga Chugga Big Red Car!
Play your Guitar with Murray

Murray
Jeff!

Another Wiggle Memory - Kimberlyn and Ellie's second birthday at the Wiggly Play Center in Frisco (now closed. sniff sniff)


2 comments:

Rachel said...

What fun! I am so glad you guys got to experience that together! (Would you believe I have not seen one Wiggles show ever!?)

Christina said...

OH my! Those last ones of when Kimberlyn was such a lil baby! Her expressions are priceless! You guys had great seat! Ashton would have loved that!