Another thing we found at the cabin besides the beautiful views was a snake. I told the kids not to wonder in the grass b/c there maybe a snake or really big spiders. Jake thought I got in their heads to much as they could not stop talking about it after that lecture. Jake told them it was unlikely we would see one, but lo and behold, mom took them on a walk and Kimberlyn found a rat snake. A big one! So Daddy apologized and thanked me for the good lesson. Ha Ha. One night I was hanging out on our amazing deck and was pretty sure I heard a fox or coyote b/c it sounded like a dog running by. We went out front and found a fox. It barked (if that is what you call it) at us and ran away. Found out from the owners that they feed the fox on the deck. I am so glad I did not meet the fox on the deck! My mom told them we were city folks and not used to that. Ha Ha. The fox was beautiful, but it made me very nervous with Angel.
Let me just say, I had no idea what to expect on this adventure. All I knew was that I wanted to be in nature (not tent camping yet), a cabin, and serenity. I made no plans on this trip. Every place we visited were places that were recommended in the book we found at the cabin. It was such a treat to find Platt National Park (Chickasaw National Recreation Area). So beautiful and peaceful. I thought Turner Falls was going to be the treat, but you have to pay to go to Turner Falls and it was very crowded and not nearly as clean. Turner Falls is a City Park, while Platt National Park is a National Park, hence the name. We spent 3/4 of our time at Platt. The kids became Junior Rangers which was no easy feat. We had to complete a workbook - that really made us all work, and they repeated a pledge with a Ranger. Very sweet, and great educational experience they really enjoyed working on. They are so proud to have worked hard for their badges. I cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed this trip. One of my all time favorite get aways ever. Maybe b/c I had no expectations and was so moved to see how much the kids enjoyed nature.
2 comments:
looks like a ton of fun! so glad you guys got to get away as a family.
That looks like an awesome trip! I love the Jr. Ranger vests...so cool!
Post a Comment