Have not posted in awhile. Jake and I have been busy with home improvement projects. Gigi (my mom) took the kids to Oklahoma for the week last week to enjoy their Spring Break. They got to spend time with cousins, go to the OKC zoo, and spend time in Burns Flat on the farm with Jolene. They had a blast. Jake and I missed them terribly, but we were busy busy and could not have gotten done what we were able to get done had it not been for the kids being away. It is a blessing to be surrounded by a community of family and friends that love the kids. Blake is now back to being a huge Gigi boy again. :) Sweet to see him love Gigi so much.
I don't have pictures to post yet, bc I have not downloaded them, but I wanted to mention what we were able to get done in one week.
Jake's dad came down Saturday and helped us start the projects. He helped us complete the most important jobs - reorganizing the pantry, hang and build cabinets, hang our Clam, and install 2 new toilets. We have 2 completely functional (without manual aid) flushing toilets. It is a blessing!
On Monday, Jake and I were on our own and were busy busy. By Thursday at noon, I said we have to take a break and enjoy sometime just the 2 of us. Such a rare thing at home! We remodeled our guest bathroom - painted cabinets, painted walls, new decor and new hardware. Does not take long to paint, but it takes a long time to dry. Plus, we still had to take care of our dog, Jake had a game, dental appt, and I worked one day. Life did not stop completely.
I love the results of the new bathroom. It is so refreshing to go into a room with fresh paint - it looks so clean. we also painted the other bathroom - not the whole things - just where the toilet is since we had the toilet out. We just did another coat of white, and it is great to see it sparkling again. Plus we did a few other odd and end stuff that needed to get done. Getting rid of things sure feels great! And accomplishing goals feels awesome as well. So Jake and I had a great week. It was hard work, but we got to end the week with a few rounds of American Idol game on PS3. Way fun. I won every time until the final game when GMA and Papa Johnny came and played. The first game GMA and I went to the finals, and the second round Jake and Papa J went to the finals with Jake winning. Jake was so excited!!
Simon told me my voice is not that great, but I am Commercial with a Capital C! Ha Ha
Pictures will be posted tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment