Friday, September 09, 2011

Backyard Camping

Last year my mom did a backyard campout with the kids.  It was a lot of fun, but only Kimberlyn slept outside all night.  But this year was different, Blake got to join.  He loved it!  He loved it so much he threw a fit the next day taking down the tent.  It was 4:30 in the afternoon (which is late for Blake b/c he usually goes to bed between 6 and 7).  We decided to let him have his tizzy and deal with him in a little bit since it was just 4:30.  After a few minutes we heard nothing, so I went out there to check on him and this is what I found...

Isn't this so sweet.  He ended up sleeping until 7 AM the next day (in his own bed). I had to wake him up - and he went to bed at 4:30!  They went to sleep at 9PM the night they camped out, but since he is used to 6 or 7 that was pretty late..plus not being in their own bed.  Well, we have decided we are camping out every weekend we can until it gets too cold.  I am so excited.  I love looking at the stars and listening to the outside noises...it is so peaceful (and easy when you are at home!).
Kimberlyn is so inspiring to me.  I love how she reads books and gets inspired by them to the point she wants to live them out.  A current library love we have is call Pink Me Up...(if you have a little girl, this is a must read).  This is one of our camping activities....

She actually wanted to paint her swing set pink, but I made her think a bit smaller.  :(  But it was not a bad idea either.  Look at the fun she had with the smaller items.  :)  Some of the items are Blake's creations as well.




What could be better than a park at your campout.  :) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun to camp in your back yard! What a great idea! It's nuts that Blake slept that long...he had worn himself out, I guess!

Dara said...

You guys have a perfect backyard for camping out!!! It is better than a park! Especially with the bathrooms just inside! :)