Thursday, September 15, 2011

10 Year Anniversary, a big Kindergartner, and a big 3 year old boy!

Recently, we had a photo session with my dear and precious friend Rachel Cooke (Rachel Cooke Photography).  We wanted to emcompass our 10 year anniversary, Kimberlyn starting Kindergarten and Blake turning 3.  It is a big year for all of us - considering Blake got potty trained and learned to swim this year, Kimberlyn can read and started Kindergarten, and Jake and I celebrated 10 wonderful years.  They really have been 10 wonderful years.  Of course all marriages take work, and yes, the first year was the most challenging b/c Jake was still in school and I just started a new job that was stressing me out.  But we overcame those obstacles, and several others along the way.  The best part about Jake and I is that we have always been best friends.  We were best friends years before we even dated, and I believe that makes a difference for us.  We have known each other inside and out long before we got married.  The things I thought would annoy me did, but I was prepared for it --AND OK - this goes vice versa for Jake.  :)  I know the years ahead may or may not be easy - we just ask God to be there.  I love that man and our beautiful children very much. 
















This was a pretty hot morning, but it was fun.  I am impressed that you cannot tell how sweaty we were in a few of the photos.  This is downtown Frisco.  Lots of interesting things to look at and do, and of course, lots of great picture spots.  Thanks to Rachel for taking so many pictures for us.  The only hard part for me is - HOW TO NARROW DOWN.  But that is a great problem.  Blake was a bit difficult in giving us smiles, but Rachel caught a few anyways.  Thank you again, Rachel.  I may go on a limb and say one of my all time favorite photo sessions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lindsay, it was one of my favorite sessions ever. Seriously. I love you guys!

Christina said...

Wow - lots of milestones! The pictures, are of course, beautiful. Love them all!