Wednesday, June 01, 2011

PreK Graduation

To top off our really busy (but fun) month, Kimberlyn had her PreK graduation.  Hard to believe Kindergarten is our next step, but we are so excited at the same time b/c she is attending Kindergarten right where she is..CARE Child Development Center.  It is also our church and where I work part time.  I am excited to have one more year with Blake and Kimberlyn together where I work. 
The PreK graduation was phenomenal.  The kids have learned so much biblically and academically. Ms. Lori, Ms. Linda, Ms Tracye, Ms Kristen and Ms. Jessica, YOU ROCK!  Thank you for loving and caring for our special gifts.  They sang us a LOT of songs.  I was very impressed with the Fruit of the Spirit song.  Kimberlyn and Ellie also had a verse to recite together.  I am so mad I did not get a picture b/c I was videoing it.  I hope Dara got a picture for me.  Unfortunately, their verse was so similar to John 3:16 - which I have Blake tell us every morning - they stumbled a little over their verse making it John 3:16.  Their verse was 1 John 4:10 - God loved us and sent us his Son.  You can see how that would be confusing when they hear John 3:16 every morning from Blake.  But what I loved, is they handled it so well.  They picked right back up and got it right, and did not let embarrassment get the best of them at all.  I love the confidence the girls have in performing on stage.  My prayer is they will always feel confident -They are a child of a King (The Almighty King).  Kimberlyn and Ellie thank you for letting your lights shine so brightly for us all to see.  Life isn't about being perfect; it is about living and learning and shining your light for the Lord. You both do that so well.  Blake has had 2 of the best examples...I can't thank God enough for the 2 of you.

No comments: