Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Music Recital and other notes

Our schedule has not quite settled down yet.  Kimberlyn just had her music recital (Ballard Street Kids) on June 2 - and it was fabulous.  I was quetioning if I should do music class again or not, and after that recital I think we will.  The kids are learning.  There are really young kids in the class already reading music; it was incredible.  But the most important thing is, they were having fun.  The owner of Ballard Street Music was sitting on the floor playing instruments with the kids.  Kimberlyn's class was on Tuesdays at 3; Blake and I would drop her off then roam Ballard Street.  It was special time with Blake while sister played/learned about music.
A major milestone has also been reached with my half brother, Robbie Blake.  He graduated High School and is going to Oklahoma State University, my Alma Mater.  Prayers for this transition in his life is very much appreciated.  He did so great this weekend.  We loved getting to take lots of pictures and he was such a trooper letting us do it.  He is a bit anxious in large social groups, but he held it together.  I am so proud of him.  I will post pictures of his graduation in my next post.  I had to use my dad's camera b/c I left my camera at home!  It is hard for me to be without my camera.  The nice thing about my dad's camera is that it is easy to use and Kimberlyn had no trouble taking some pictures herself.  I think we may need to get her a camera for her birthday or Christmas.  Or maybe talk to Santa Claus.  She wanted to take pictures of everything. 
Here are some pictures of Kimberlyn's music recital. 
Listening

Teacher going over Quarter Note, Half Note, and Whole Note

Playing the Triangle - listening to the music and playing to the beat

My absolute favorite pic of the night.  They got to pick someone to play with them. How sweet!

This is funny b/c everyone got an award.  The teacher talked about how Kimbelryn has a smile on her face everyday, so Kimberlyn told Daddy she won the Happiest Person Award.  Ha Ha.  She also did not want to leave early.  She said she wanted to watch all of her friends win.  What a team player Kimberlyn is..we love her to pieces.  She is definitely teaching us so much.  If you cannot tell, she loved the cake pop.  :)


2 comments:

Dara said...

That is awesome! Glad she had so much fun! Looks like a great class!

Christina said...

Great pictures! And congrats to Robbie, too!