Tuesday, April 05, 2011
A Precious Prayer
Lots of blog posts today, but Kimberlyn's prayer was so precious tonight (all are,of course); I really want to remember this one. It was so heartfelt. Background: Blake is very possessive of the yellow swing in our backyard. It swings much smoother than our blue one. (I guess we should replace it) But no one else minds but Blake. Blake has it in his head that the yellow swing is his and no one else should use it but him, even if he is not using it. We have to scold him over and over about the yellow swing. But today I was making dinner, and I looked out the window and Kimberlyn was in the yellow swing and Blake was in the blue swing. No fits, no tears, and NO SCOLDING! I did not know what took place for this to happen--- I was just thankful. Tonight Kimberlyn's prayer went like this...."Dear God, Thank you for this day. We go hunt Easter eggs....and Blakey told me he wanted me to be in the yellow swing. He is such a nice brother....." Yes, I had them hunting Easter eggs today. But my heart just melted to hear her praise her brother to God. My cup runneth over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment