Silly Blake - it was bright even though overcast
Having a hard time getting a good shot
Blake loving on Ellie during the picnic. So sweet.
Having fun!
My 3 sweeties
Thursday I decided to suprise the kids with a stay at home all day day! We used to do that a lot more, but PREK has been so fun for the girls and Blake loves his 2A class we have been going there most mornings. I am ready to slow down, b/c right now we don't have to rush. The morning did not turn out as I expected. The girls started out very excited b/c we were doing exciting things like hunting Easter Eggs in the backyard. I believe in a head start so they can beat everyone to the eggs come the real Easter Egg Hunt. Ha Ha. No, Kimberlyn loves to hunt for eggs and we are finally back in season! Blake ended up being very fussy and throwing fits about everything. So unusal that I could not talk him down. It could be because instead of me patiently handling the problem, I was getting very frustrated. I ended up being pretty harsh with the kids about silly stuff. Finally at 11, I decided to stick to my original plan for the day and take the kids to the Blue Bonnet Hill for a picnic and pictures. I apologized to the kids for being so cranky. I said, "Lets go to Blue Bonnet Hill and forget this morning ever happened." Sweet Ellie said, "I forget things quickly." So sweet, but if you know her - you know Ellie remembers everything. What I was needing here was forgiveness. :)
When we got there the kids were so excited! I told them we had to take pictures first then we would have our picnic and run around. Well, pictures did not quite turn out as you can see, but it was the most amazing thing we have done in a long time. It was a bit windy, but it felt so good b/c it was not hot. The sky was overcast and lots of butterflies were out. The kids ran through the Blue Bonnets chasing butterflies and sliding down a dirt hill. Thankfully I put them in play clothes vs super cute outfits for pictures! Then we sat down to a lovely picnic. I cannot describe how peaceful the picnic was to me. The kids were so happy and joyful and no one else was around. It felt like we might be experiencing a small piece of Heaven.
When it was time to go Kimberlyn and Ellie made 2 sweet and memorable remarks. Kimberlyn said, "Chasing butterflies and running through Blue Bonnets give me happy and joy." Ellie said, "I don't even remember this morning." The song that comes to my head....The Steadfast love of the Lord never ceases. His mercies never come to and end.....Thank you God for the sweet forgiveness of a child. I love to live through their wonder of all God created and how they love to experience it. I totally get what Jesus means when he talks about the heart of a child.
So the pictures are quite funny - but the splendor of the day just could not be caught in a photograph.
2 comments:
First of all...I love the title of this post! And what a sweet morning with the sweet kids. They are amazing and so are you! By the way, I happen to LOVE those photos! I think they perfectly capture those fun expressions and the carefree picnic you had there. Awesome.
Looks like a great time! Ellie Beth talked about it all weekend. She loved going to Bluebonnet Hill! Thank you for including Ellie B with your sweeties!
Post a Comment