Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Little Women


I have been reading a childrens classic book to Kimberlyn called Little Women. You may have heard of it. Ha Ha. I was not sure it would mean much to her (that she would understand exactly what is going on), but I wanted to give it a try. She loves it! We are only on chapter 4 and she keeps asking to read the book. While reading about the dance Jo and Meg attended and some of the difficulties they were having while there - a hurt foot, spilled tea - Kimberlyn asked, "Where is their Mommy and Daddy?" I love that she is at an age that it seem incomprehensible to be somewhere without a mommy or a daddy. Obviously, there a few things she does not understand about the book, but it is great bonding time and she does enjoy the book.
Another thing she loves to do that I love - and this was started by my mom - is sing songs from our hymnal book.  My mom bought 3 different versions of our hymnal books from our former church in Norman. Who knew she would love it so much, and those are the songs she wants to sing every night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite books! It was one I would have read to my daughter if I had one! Somehow, I don't think the boys would enjoy it quite like I do! :)