Jake and I were very sad to see Paul McDonald leave on American Idol last night for several reasons. One, we love his style of music. We will definitely buy his album. Secondly, he reminds us very much of our dear friend, Pete Lassen. Pete and his family (Rachel - (sweet sweet friend), and their children Parker and Hannah) moved from Utah to Texas in 2007. Pete became Jake's assistant soccer coach and they really hit it off as friends. Then we got our families together and we had a blast. They were so much fun!!! Our sense of humors were the same, we shared similar values, and just had a great time together. We would let the kids play and then put the kids to bed and hang out until midnight or 1 in the morning just talking. But alas, it was not meant to be for too long. They really missed home, understandably. Utah is a long way from Texas, and both of their famlies are in Utah. We miss them terribly. So needless to say, saying good-bye to Paul last night felt like saying good-bye to Pete all over again. With fake tears in our eyes we enjoyed his final song on Idol. :) We really were disappointed. I really felt like I knew him. Ha Ha.
We do plan to make a trip to Utah in the very near future. We just have to work out a good time and get our finances ready for the gas we have to pay to get there. But these friends are worth it. They are some of the best!
Here are some pictures from our last days together in Texaas:
Guitar Hero!
Kimberlyn and Hannah. Kimberlyn was actually very sick with an ear infection in this pic.
Look at baby Blake! Sweet Rachel and Parker





2 comments:
Ahhhh! The rumors are true! My students have told me of a dashingly handsome American Idol that looks like me, but, for some strange reason, I inherently don't trust the opinions of 9th graders. But after this convincing post from such a reputable source, I concede: he is handsome! Unfortunately for me, I don't share any of his musical abilities. We miss you guys! Thanks for the laugh and the good memories! Bruehls do Rule!
That is so funny!! We miss you guys a ton. We had such a blast hanging out with you guys as well til' the wee hours of the morning laughing at how hilarious we are! Pete gets the Paul Macdonald quite often I will have to check out some of his videos. Maybe he could start a new career as a Paul Macdonald impersonator...HAHAHA! To bad he can't sing.
Post a Comment