Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Today

I have more Spring Break news to update on the blog, but I want to talk about today. Today was one of those amazing days that you think you might be experiencing a glimpse of what Heaven might be like. I was home with Blake and Kimberlyn today b/c Kimberlyn's medicine had not made her contagious free as of yet. We started off the day with a game of Toy Story 3 Operation, then flash cards with Blake--while Kimberlyn practiced writing her sight words, and then off to experience the great outdoors.
The weather was so beautiful. It was so peaceful outside that all we could hear were the birds chirping. We went over to the sandbox to dig for treasures, but we found a bunch of roly polies instead. The kids were enamored. Both kids let the roly polies crawl all over them. The kept saying, "Hi there little guy." It was so precious. I wanted to grab my camera, but I did not want to miss a moment b/c it was so awesome enjoying God's creation. Yes, there were a few wasps flying by, but they let us be. Then we were off to the swings to swing and spin. Spinning on the swing is a huge favorite right now. The only glitch to the wonderful outside experience was when Blake was off to play T-ball, Kimberlyn got in the yellow swing and he was not having that (and mom had none of that, Ha ha) . For some reason, he thinks that is his swing. I guess we did get it for his first birthday, but it was meant for everyone. :) 2 year olds!
I still am soaking up this weather. I have the windows open in the living room and the breeze is amazing. I am going to keep remembering this moment when we hit 110 degrees this summer. Today was a beautifully blessed day that I never want to forget. The only thing that could have made it any better would have been having daddy home - but he is enjoying the weather with Kimberlyn right now at soccer practice.

1 comment:

Christina said...

This is so sweet!