Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Kimberlyn's Talent Show

This Talent Show came by surprise.  The day before try outs Kimberlyn tells me she is going to try out.  I was trying to talk her out of it b/c we had not planned on a try out routine.  She was coming up with some silly ideas she had discussed with her friends, which I shot down.  Bad mom- but I knew would not make it into the show.  I told her we would go to the Talent Show and see what the other kids were doing so we can have a better idea for next year.
Well, Kimberlyn does not give up.  She was adamant about trying out.  I started feeling like a dream killer, so I told her to talk to her dad about it.  Jake comes up with the brilliant idea of using her Jazz/Hip Hop Routine.  That is something she had been practicing all year.  Don't ask me why I could not think of that!
So, Blake and I made it in time for her try out.  I was fixing her up when they called her name first!  I had only put one side of her 2 pony tails up, but she went on and tried out with only one pony tail in and the other down.  Ha!  Very hip hop I say.  Another sweet thing was Susan Cox was able to catch Kimberlyn right when her name was called to give her a hug for good luck.  What a blessing.  And Mrs. Stevens as her teacher rooting her on.  RE love everywhere - even at Luna.
Her final performance was great as well.  Her Dance Teacher helped her come up with a more defined ending.  I was so proud of Kimberlyn.  She rushed a little bit - due to nerves, but she did it and was so proud.  And b/c I shared this experience on Facebook -not only did she have many supporters at the show - but so many supported her that could not be there.  She was amazed at all the congratulations and hugs from people she had no idea knew about it.  Social Networking at its best!  She is a pretty confident kid, and all the support she has been getting as been great fuel (good medicine) for her soul.  I pray for all kids to be surrounded by love.  Everyone needs a church home that will love them and support them as Jesus would do.  It is vital to the soul.  Richardson East is saving lives - including ours.
Oh and Kimberlyn's best friend in class came to watch her perform as well.  How sweet is that?!  I did not get a picture though b/c they had to leave early, but she was there to cheer her friend on.  What a blessing again!
I wish my action shots were better, but they are documented nonetheless.  :)

Look at these muscles!



Jenna performed as well with 2 of her friends

The Siburts!

The Haileys1

Blake's teacher Ms. Betsy.  She got invited to his party here, so good thing she came.  :)

Our table!





1 comment:

Dara said...

So much fun! Kimberlyn is an inspiration!