Blake did ok. He does not totally get the game yet - several played last year, so Blake is just catching on right now. No big deal - as he is 4! He hit the ball, but never knew to run either time. We had to keep yelling "RUN BLAKE!!! His first take off running he decided to spread some wings and run to base. Of course, that is when Kelli Stevens and her girls are watching. Ha! But what is even funnier is when I looked at the picture of Blake running with wings, he got the little boy running home to do it too! So Blake is a leader -now let us steer it correctly. :) Somehow without knowing to run, so he ran late, and sprouting wings, he was able to make it all the way home both times. That would be b/c the outfield part is pretty difficult - throwing to first and hoping the other kid will be watching - and if they are - to even catch it. Then they are chasing the ball across the field. I love it! Now, this is the kind of baseball I can handle.
Oh and to top it off, the day started off with an Opening Day Parade. Kimberlyn and I walked right across the field across from our house to watch it. So great - the Parade is right across the street. Well, the Stevens drive by and tell me they are going to be at Hudson. So I say ok we are coming. She does not know Kimberlyn and I are on foot. I always think it is closer than it actually is. It was a little over a mile. The parade starts as we are almost to Sachse High School. I tell her I don't think we will make it b/c we are on foot. She could not believe we were walking/running there. Kimberlyn says, "Mom, You just have to believe we can." So we take off running. One of the spectators asks if we are Parade Racers. Ha! Oh, and we have our dog Angel with us as well to top it all off. It was a riot. We did make it to Hudson on time. I am so glad we did it. Not only did we watch with the Stevens, but with another mom I am friends with from Kimberlyn's class. It was so much fun. Plus, Jenna, Jackson, James (the boy from Kimber's class), and Blake were all right in a row. I don't know how that worked out as there were lots of floats. But what a blessing. The Stevens ended up driving us home, b/c it was really cold and windy. I got the car and drove back to get Blake and Jake. What a day!
1 comment:
So cute!!!!
Post a Comment