Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Part 1 - Home and Oklahoma

Christmas is such a blessed time to celebrate Christ's birth with the family.  Every year we go to Oklahoma, and this year was no exception.  We did lots of Just Dance Disney - everyone danced (everyone including Jake's mom, Christie's brother, Christie's dad, the list goes on).  It was so so cold.  When Mike, Christie and Jake and I had our date night it was on 19 degrees!  Burr!  Well, we spent our night playing Just Dance - as Kimberlyn got Just Dance 4 for Christmas (which had some fun adult songs to dance to on it)- and by the third song we were getting into our shorts and tank tops!  Ha!  I highly recommend Just Dance.  It is so much fun and you don't even feel like you are exercising.  Well, maybe a little, but it is a fun exhaustion.  :)

We spent Christmas Eve with Christie's family.  We attended and Episcopalian service at a very small church. They had a Children's Pageant.  This was also a service everyone was welcome at the altar to partake in communion.  They gave us a piece of bread to dip into one cup of wine.  I dipped my bread in the wine while Blake watched.  He did not realized I used the bread so when the cup came to him, he stuck his fingers in the wine!  Oops.  Oh well.  Kimberlyn took communion as well.  This is a first for both of them as we do not have them partake normally because they have not been baptized, nor can truly grasp the meaning quite yet. But I think it is special to do it once a year to get the idea and to commune with other fellow believers.  Kimberlyn went back to her seat and asked if she was baptized now.  Ha!

Below are a couple of pictures taken by my sweet friend Rachel.  The rest depict our time with Jake's mom (aka GMa) and Papa Johnny.

Photo by Rachel Cooke Photography

Rachel Cooke Photography

Blake's new favorite game now



Such joy!  I love her face.  Giving makes everyone happy.  Although the robe had a funny story and that is why I captured such a joyous face.  :)




Of course we danced!

Everyone!

GMa, Papa Johnny and Lady

No comments: