Wednesday, June 13, 2012

We have a 2 Wheeler!


We went from hyperventilating on Saturday to a full time bike rider who will now race you if she gets a chance.  She has taken a ton of falls, but she does not care one bit. The first time she road about 5 feet then crashed - she got up and ran to me..."I DID IT!" Oh I love this girl so much.  I hope she always find triumph in stumbles.  I cannot believe how much this experience helped her grow.  It really taught her how much living by fear can hold you back.  When she went to change for bed, I heard her singing "Thank you Lord!"  Oh my heart! 
These little milestones are also building blocks of self esteem.  My prayer is their self esteem remains in God, b/c life will sure challenge it one day.  Most of our practices have been at Founders Park by the Pirate Park (as Blake calls it).  Then I realized we had a parking lot right across the street at Park Lake Baptist Church.  It is also fun that the Fire and Police Station are right across the street.  We saw a Fire Truck leave on an emergency.  Of course, we said a prayer - but it is seeing life in action. 

2 sweet girls who just learned how to ride without training wheels

Kimberlyn wanted a picture with Coach Daddy







1 comment:

Rachel said...

Way to go, Kimberlyn! :)