Saturday, March 24, 2012

We Found Our Thrill On Blue Bonnet Hill...Again

Every year we enjoy the Blue Bonnets and take lots of pictures.  Most years we go to Blue Bonnet Hill in Wylie, Texas, which is where we went today.  Not only is it fun to run through the flowers and chase butterflies, but we also get to go up a big hill and enjoy a picnic on top.  Oh! I treasure these memories.  Jake and I went to Blue Bonnet Hill before the kids were born in 2005.  We had an awesome Sunday morning on the hill with my Nephew Zachary and Niece Megan.  We found all kinds of trash at the bottom and Zachary came up with the idea to get trash sacks and clean up the litter.  He was 9 years old at the time.  It was truly an experience with God I will always remember. 

Here are some pictures when we went with Megan and Zachary for our very first visit to Blue Bonnet Hill:
This was my first time to experience Blue Bonnets.  Absolutely breath taking.  Look at Megan's face of joy, and who can resist children holding hands.  Oh, and to top it all off, Jake and I just found out 2 days ago that we were pregnant with who we now know as Kimberlyn! :)  Some of my favorite memories right here.

Present Day Blue Bonnet pics




Jake likes that you can tell they have he same forced smiled!  But forced smiles were hard to come by today - most were the real deal!  Too beautiful and fun to not smile for real today!


Our 3 babies!  Angel needs to be groomed so badly.  We are still waiting until she can get her rabies before we take her to a groomers.  Hopefully Wednesday we can squeeze her in!





I love this series.  I went to get lunch from the car.  I can see my 3 loves from a distance on the hill - Kimberlyn spots me and runs to come help--then Blake follows suit, and they help set up the perfect picnic


Picnic Time!


The only thing not perfect at picnic time was Angel was so hot - weather is warm and she has a lot of fur.  Thankfully the flowers gave her the coolness she needed. 


Angel playing hide and seek with each kid

Where's Kimberlyn and Blake                                        There they are!


All because 2 people fell in love!


Kimberlyn did great photography!

No comments: