Saturday, January 14, 2012

The newest Bruehl

Lots to catch up on since Christmas.  I lost my camera cord and card reader, so my pictures have been stuck on my camera.  I need to make an official announcement on the blog of our newest family member, Angel Bruehl!  She was an unexpected gift from my Great Uncle Joe Boyd Thompson.  Kimberlyn says she came from Jolene's house - as Jolene is his grandaughter he is raising.  They are very dear people to us.  Jolene and Kimberlyn get along famously.  I have lots to catch up on, but I first want to introduce Angel Bruehl.  This dog is amazing.  I was really worried about potty training again.  But she has been so easy.  The second you take her outside she goes.  She goes after every meal.  I had a horrible crate training experience with our first dog, but I had seen it work so well with other dogs.  Angel loves her kennel - so that has also been easier this time.  The only accidents we have had in the house are when we forget to take her out after a nap.  Today was her first day to actually go to the door and cry to go out - and she went out and did both.  She is learning so quickly.  Now we just need to get her to sleep through the night.  Jake has been awesome at taking the night shift.  I am working on getting her to like the leash, but as of right now she won't walk with the leash.  But with that said, she does not run off yet either.  Hopefully that will not change.  As of right now, Angel lives up to her name.  :) 
I fell in love with her the minute my Nana laid her in my arms. She was actually supposed to be sold, but my sweet Uncle Joe had a hard time resisting Kimberlyn and I.  Kimberlyn worked it hard.  Joe tried to say she was already claimed and Kimberlyn said, "That would be me!"  Ha Ha.  He breads Schnauzers and just recently Bull Dogs.  If anyone is interested in those breeds - he is a very reputable breeder.  Get to know Angel - she is seriously an Angel. 


Angel at 6 weeks - when we first met her



The lovely family who gave us Angel - Dyanne, Jolene and Uncle Joe Boyd

Angel at 8 weeks


No comments: