We understand (not the kids quite yet) that there is much suffering at this time. Our family is looking to examples like Melinda Evans, Leslie Evans, and a little boy I just learned about recently who has received very bad news. The grief for these 3 is almost more than one can bear. But their lives are also a legacy that helps others experience Christ's love. Melinda's Legacy is Melinda's Closet - serving babies in need in the Norman Community. She loved her children and wants every child to know the love her children have known. Leslie's Legacy is Leslie's Legacy - this organization is giving OU Sports Season tickets to blended families as Leslie was part of a blended family and loved her Oklahoma Sooners very much. Leslie's Legacy wants to help build up blended families by spending time together with a common interest. Liam has started this organization...http://thewaterproject.org/community/profile/liams-wells. Liam wants everyone to have clean water. These 3 stories have changed my life forever. They have rocked my world, as well as help me understand faith more than I ever have in my life.
This is how I want my life to be - a life that reflects the love of Christ even in death and suffering. I cannot answer why these things had to happen (I cry every time I think of their stories) - my heart is full for the love of their families who have decided to honor their lives and continue to rejoice in our Lord. Better things are yet to come, and they are beyond any suffering we will experience here on Earth. Prayers for these families (as well as many others) will be needed forever. I cannot imagine the grief. I am grieving greatly and I did not even know them. You don't have to know someone to love them.
1 comment:
I have been thinking so much about this lately too. My heart breaks for the Lowe family and others who experience similar sorrow and tragedy. It makes me reflect on how Jesus entered into suffering when he entered this world. But because of his presence here, there is hope in our suffering.
Post a Comment