Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Go Sachse Mustangs

Just recently our football team made history for Sachse and made the play offs.  Our Principal got a Community Pep Rally organized for our team to send them off--It was for Volleyball as well as they had just made the 3rd round of play offs.  It was awesome!  The night was absolutely beautiful.  Our colors are Navy, White and 10% orange.  Our principal is a stickler about orange being 10%, but I get it.  He wants us to look uniform and not have orange take over.  I kid you not, the night was navy blue with a 10% orange sunset - and we had a full moon for our white.  :)  It was beautiful. 
The night was so fun as well.  (I have to admit - I went a little bitter as the soccer coach's wife b/c soccer (as well as all other sports) do not get this kind of recognition--and we have won District twice - been as high as #2 in the Nation).  But I am accepting that Football is king here (and hey, at least my husband is a football coach too :) ), and the community comes out and supports it. Kimberlyn and Blake had the time of their lives.  We got to run through a football Helmet with the players.  I forgot my camera, and a very kind parent allowed me to use his brand new iphone to take the pictures.  Then we got to walk through the Cheerleaders, Drill Team, Band, and Color Guard.  The Cheerleaders that knew Blake and Kimberlyn did cheers for them as we walked by.  Then they got to experience a really cool Pep Rally.  Even the Mayor and City Council were there to root on their Sachse Mustangs.  Kimberlyn asked when it was all over if we got to watch the game now.  She was pumped!  Blake asked if he got to come back tomorrow - he was pumped as well.  It was a lovely evening. I am so glad we were able to get some pictures - thanks to sweet people we are surrounded by.
I love this photo!  I love that we are all looking, and looking festive.  Also, you can see the full moon!

No comments: