Saturday, August 06, 2011

St. Louis Reunion..and a few good byes

Last night, Jake and I hosted a St. Louis reunion. A reunion of the adults who went on the trip along with the interns (who are the few good-bye recipients).  It was so much fun.  I was worried b/c our house is a bit small, but for an adult party, it was no problem at all.  We had Kimberlyn, Blake, Hannah and Harper and 11 adults (Justin, Jeff, Kera, Janette, Scott, Edd, Tresia, Trey, Lora, Jake and I).  Not the Bruehls normal ratio - adult to kid.  Ha Ha.  I am going to quit hiding behind the excuse my house is small and keep hosting small get togethers from time to time.  Jake and I did buy new patio furniture and a bocce ball and horse shoes set.  We did not let the heat hold us back from playing outside.  We do have a great yard, if I say so myself.  Granddad - in -heart, Edd, was so sweet to spend time with the kids teaching them how to throw horse shoes.  The other guys played bocce ball - and the girls got to talk.  The interns were also so sweet to spend so much time playing with our kids.  Kimberlyn and Blake were so blessed to have Lora and Trey as their friends this summer.  We look forward to seeing them over the holidays from time to time.  Scott and Hannah joined our family music night as well.  Another magical night for the Bruehl family.  A night filled with the presence of God.






1 comment:

Dara said...

looks like a good time was had by all! Got a small peek at the new furniture...will have to see it in person!!!