Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Kimberlyn is an Author!

So it has been awhile since I posted.  I plan to get back into the swing of things now and catch up later.  Today I am the proud Mama of an author.  Kimberlyn began writing a book all on her own at the beginning of June.  She was inspired by the game Minecraft (who says video games are all bad :-) ).  She titled the book herself The Adventures of Steve.  She had a title for every page and the summary on each page went with the title.  The book had great flow.  Of course there are spelling and grammar errors (she hasn't even started 3rd grade yet).  I think she is an amazing writer.  I hope she will do this every summer.  I can't wait to watch her grow.  She has always been a passionate reader and sketcher.  You can tell by her writing that she does do a lot of reading.  She also drew a picture to go with each page as well!  Here are some pictures.



Kimberlyn even inspired Blake to write a Minecraft story.  :)

Finally complete!  I did have to push her a bit to finish.  I hear all genius writers have to have a pushy editor in chief.  :)  She finished and she is proud!

This is a letter Kimberlyn wrote to her 2B teacher who bought 3 rainbow loom bracelets from her.  She saw that Kimberlyn was wanting to sell Rainbow loom bracelets through a FB status.  It was posted as a funny b/c of her prices including cents but she got 2 buyers - Mandi and Coach Pat to buy her bracelets at her asking price.  :)  But when Kimberlyn sent Mandi her bracelets, I had no idea each bracelet she made had such special meaning.  Below is the FB status that Mandi saw.

Kimberlyn has decided she wants to sell Rainbow Loom creations while on break. (Yes, I know the market is saturated.). What is funny is her prices. A bracelet is $3.03, necklace $4.02. 
Jake Bruehl: what if I only have $3 but not 3 cents
Kimberlyn: well, I guess you can't get it then. 
Kimber drives a hard bargain. Prices are final. 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love this! I wrote a book when I was her age too. It was called "A Day in the Life of an Orange Peel." Haha! Kimberlyn has accomplished something wonderful here...hang onto that manuscript, mama! :)