Friday, September 13, 2013
Loyal and True
I have kept quiet from FB regarding the OSU controversy, but I do have many opinions about what is going on. First of all, I am so sick and tired of sensational media. This goes way beyond OK State. My mom brought up a great point back when a bomb went off at the Atlanta Olympics - we just had to have a suspect immediately. (Never mind if they really were the true bomber) A poor man was exploited as the bomber when he wasn't!!! What is going on - do facts not matter anymore?! Is it more important to post the rumors b/c we have to beat our competitors to a potentially hot story that the actual truth no longer matters? We can just fix it as we go. Please forgive the lives we destroy along the way. We are getting our story to you pronto!!
I want Kimberlyn and Blake to know the media is a big bully. It is so hard to find truth in all the sensationalism they post. I pray you two will work to help change this b/c, with that said, the media is important. I am truly ashamed if any of this is true at OK State. It does not matter if it happens everywhere b/c like I tell you two all the time - I don't care what everyone else is doing. You do the right thing anyway. But someone other than Sports Illustrated is going to have to figure this one out. They have botched this story - no fact checks - misquotes -prodded with their own agenda from former players who had no idea what they were doing, and left out interviews that did not fit their story and so on.
Our justice system with as many flaws as it may have has a great idea beyond it. You may not use hearsay (especially by disgruntled people with an agenda) and you have to prove beyond reasonable doubt the crime occurred. This may mean many guilty people will walk, but we are protecting that one innocent person from paying for a crime they did not commit. The media should use this premise before reporting. People are more important than stories. If there is any truth to the story, the truth will still be there when you find it. Find the truth first.
The late Thomas Kinkade, as sad as his life ended, had many beautiful words to say while he was alive. One thing he mentioned in a book that really stuck with me was that he did not watch TV, read newspapers or magazines. People would ask him how he could follow what was going on in the world. He said by the time I get the story- the story will be correct. He is so right.
The truth will set you free. Sometimes when things come to light that seem so shameful and horrible; it is amazing how the light just diffuses it. It goes away and you find grace there.
Blessings to you!
May you be truth seekers in this sensational seeking world. Take the time needed to find the truth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment