On Monday, April 15, we had a rare school day off that did not involve a Staff Development. So I took this opportunity to go the Perot Museum. I know it is hard to get into so I was thinking this random Monday would be perfect, and it would have been absolutely perfect had I waited until 1 PM to go. It was swarming with Field Trip kids. I am not sure if a weekend or a ton of Field Trips is worse. But we had fun nonetheless. Especially at 1 when everyone started leaving for school. We really enjoyed the Sports exhibit. The rest of it was pretty much above their heads. The children's museum was a little below. So we will just take our time and grow into it as I have bought season passes. It is also a great place Jake and I could go to by ourselves.
The sports exhibit is way cool, and lucky for us, we found it last - right when everyone was leaving, so we really got to enjoy racing and the sports simulation. Both kids kicked a soccer ball, then went to the computer to view themselves in slow motion kicking the ball. And they were able to compare their kick to a professional soccer player doing the same kick. It was so cool to watch the kids really observe, and then b/c it wasn't too crowded they went and did the kick again. They both improved a lot! There was a reaction time simulation. It talked about how Baseball is the hardest sport regarding reaction time. Sometimes the difference between good reaction vs bad reaction time is merely a thousandth of a second.
Here are some fun pictures of our outing. We at first went the Perot Museum at Fairpark, which is the wrong location. But we were early, so we took some pictures. No one was there and it was so beautiful. Too bad I only had my iphone for pictures.
 |
| Looks like Kimberlyn picked a rose and put it in her hair. :) |
 |
| Got a better one of Blake with the BIG sign at the zoo |
 |
| Here we are finally! Right at opening |
 |
| Seriously beautiful view going up the escalator |
 |
| On your mark |
 |
| Go! |
 |
| Yes, Blake got a bit frustrated that K beat him every time. But I told him all he had to beat was his time. They got to check their time at the end, and boy did K take that seriously. She got a false start on one and burst into tears. Can you see the football player they are racing. You could race a dinosaur, a gymnast, football player, a cheetah, I can't remember if there were more. The Cheetah was impossible to beat by the way. K actually beat the gymnast and football player once. |
 |
| These are the best moments in life! |
2 comments:
Very fun! I still can't wait to go and see it all!!!
What a great time! Good pictures!
Post a Comment