This New Years was extra special. We received 25 free tickets to the OSU I Heart Texas Bowl Game held at the Cotton Bowl. Since I got so many tickets, 10 from Edd Eason and 15 from John Siburt (and Dan Stevens offered some too, but 25 was plenty!), we invited the family. My poor mom, who was the most excited about the tickets, got a severe ear infection busting her ear drum and could not go! Boo! So we had my dad, Robbie, Mike and Christie, Braden and Rylan, Kimberlyn and Blake, and Jake and I. We were unable to use all of the tickets, but no big deal they were free. There was tons of space there too. Wow! I am sure the bowl did not like that, but it was great fun for us.
But this brings me to New Years Eve. Because we had Mike and Christie and Braden and Rylan at our house to bring in the New Year! We had so much fun. We ate black eye peas, brussel sprouts (to the dismay of Braden and Rylan and Blake), and all kinds of goodies. Plus we did a lot of Just Dance and Wipe Out. It was so much fun - we all hung together and we all made it to midnight - including Blake! It was crazy. You will see that Kimber was having to pull Rylan up who so desperately wanted to sleep. Braden ran to the bedroom as soon as the clock struck midnight. My kids were not so desperate for sleep (I mean running for it - but they were super tired too), but they go to bed so early on a regular basis, this one night did not hurt them too much - Thankfully! And the next day we headed to a very very cold Bowl Game! OSU vs Purdue - I Heart Texas Bowl.
 |
| Dancing to you What Makes you Beautiful by One Direction |
 |
| Angel loves the fire! |
 |
| Happy New Year kiss for Angel |
 |
| Poor Rylan is so tired! |
 |
| Happy New Year from the Bruehls! |
 |
| We are on our way to the Bowl Game today |
 |
| The Dads |
 |
| Huge Huge Corn Dogs! |
 |
| Picture after the game - I look horrible but make no apologies. It was freezing cold and I had had very little sleep the night before. And it was all worth it! |
1 comment:
Looks like you all had tons of fun!
Post a Comment