Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Happy Fourth!

We were blessed to celebrate the 4th of July twice!  Sachse had their fireworks show on July 3 at Heritage Park.  There were bounce houses and lots of vendors.  The kids loved the bounce houses - got their face painted - hair sprayed blue b/c they were out of red, and free cotton candy!  Way fun.  The best part is we ran into Becca Pickens from church who was there with a whole crew from our church and they invited us to join them. Todd and Becca Pickens and their children, Kelley and Eric Thomas and their children, the McClendons along with Kathleen and her boyfriend were there.  Kyle was so sweet to Blake - gave him his big glow stick b/c Blake liked it so much.  Blake also developed a crush on Kathleen and kept showing off for her.  :)  It was a really fun and unexpected night.  We also walked - which was a lot of fun as well.  Of course, we took showers even though it was a 11 PM when we got home. 
On July 4 we spent the evening at my best friend Rachel Cooke's parent's house.  Susan and Deon Fair are some of the most generous people placed on this earth.  We enjoyed a night of swimming and eating hamburgers and pulled pork along with homemade ice cream.  Then the kids got all their glow sticks together and arranged them how they wanted them (bracelets and necklaces) to go watch an amazing fireworks show right in their yard.  I cannot wait to see Rachel and Deon's pictures. One of the fireworks exploded with the letters USA - words are not enough to describe how cool that was to see. 

I love this picture Rachel took as we got there.  One of my favorite family pictures of all time.  It is exactly who we are and that is what I love most about it.

Yes, I tend to have friends who just happen to take most of our pictures.  Ha Ha.  No, that is just an added blessing.  The friendshipswe have are Heaven sent for sure. 


Here are a few pics I took when we got home from the Sachse fireworks.  I wished I would have taken it to the park, but I did not want to lug it around.  I guess that is what happens when you pick to take it easy. 



No comments: