Saturday, May 19, 2012

Blake's Birthday

We held Blake's Birthday May 19, on Jake and I's 11th anniversary, no less.  I picked this date b/c soccer and other activities would be completed by then.  It was really busy day, but a lot of fun.  We started the party by having a tour of the Richardson Fire Department near our church.  The Firemen were amazing.  They gave a very detailed and thorough tour that lasted 45 minutes.  They were so involved with the kids, and even adults.  It was a really great place to begin the party since we were having a Fire Truck party.  :)  We then went back to Richardson East C of C to experience food, cake and water slide and balloons. 
We, of course, had FireHouse subs.  A sub sandwich created by firemen that does support local fire stations. Then we had a water slide that was way cold, but that did not stop the kids.  They just ran to the baby pool between turns to warm up.  I felt the baby pool and it was not warm, so I cannot imagine how cold the slide must have felt!  It was a fantastic day.  I was very tired, but went on ahead and did a bike ride with my sister-in-law afterwards where we ended up being chased by loose dogs!  I was so scared.  They chased us 1/2 mile- probably playing, but you just don't take that for granted.  Well, it all turned out ok - I don't think I had ever been so tired in my whole life (that putting me over the top), and the day was not over.  We then played American Idol on the PS3 with the whole family until 1:30 AM.  Way fun!  Jake and I went to the finals, but I could not stay awake between turns, and that is not like me.
Thank you, Christina, for getting me a group shot head on.  I was a little frustrated my dad took from a side angle.  Oh well, I was thankful he took pictures so I could just enjoy.

My brother, Chris, Angle

Before the party started the kids played at the church while we set up.  My nephews really enjoyed my brother, Robbie.  He played Foosball with them and would talk video games with them as well.  A boys dream!



This is me helping Logan get a better shot of the big truck.  He had myself and the fire fighters hold him a lot!  Way cute.  So sweet to see even a less than 2 year old get into the party.




My brother, Chris, took several of these pictures.  Isn't this precious.


The exercise portion of the firehouse was a crowd favorite


As you can see, Blake's cake was smashed in the travel b/c they had to fix the color on the cake and I did not keep it cold enough long enough.  Blake also started opening presents before we were ready.  This is Ashton's gift, and Blake was thanking him profusely here.  I was proud of all of his thank yous to everyone after every present.

One of his very best friends, Ethan

The ever popular waterslide

Water balloon fight!

Warming up in the baby pool

Blake got his own fire truck!

So sweet!  Looks like Emma Kate is directing him to the emergency

2 comments:

Rachel said...

The party was so much fun! The kids loved it do much! Mrs. Lindsay is one of Logan's favorite people! Blake's fire truck is so cool!!!

Christina said...

The party was great! Ashton talks about it often, and we're sad we had to leave early! The pictures turned out great and that is nice, to get to enjoy his party without having to worry about taking pictures :). Love the last photo with his firetruck.