Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy Easter

We had a fabulous Easter this year.  Of course, every year is fabulous b/c Jesus took our sins away and is reigning in Heaven today!  Praise God!  This year Jake and I gave up popcorn for Lent.  I started participating in Lent about 3 years ago.  I went in knowing when my desire for whatever I was giving up was a call to prayer - God I love you more than this item.  And that is still true, but life is changing and ever evolving and one thing I experienced this year (and last) was realizing how long 40 days really is.  I gave up Dr. Pepper last year and popcorn this year.  While Dr. Pepper was really hard every single day - popcorn did not start out as hard, but ended extremely hard.  I did not want to go to any movies b/c I cannot watch a movie without popcorn.  Popcorn is also my very favorite snack, so Jake and I's nightly ritual was interrupted for 40 days.  I was missing it!  So when the 40 days was up, I am so jubilant!  And for something so small to make me so happy - it makes me ponder how much more Jesus gave - and my heart should be overwhelmed with joy everyday knowing my sin died on Good Friday by perfect love and Heaven awaits when our earthly journey is over.  Praise God!!!

Here are some of our pictures of our Easter celebration.  We celebrated this year in Houston and had a great time.  The weather was perfect.  We were able to walk to the neigborhood park everyday.  Sunday was Easter in the Park, and although it was hot, it was so beautiful.  Pictures will have to tell the story.  But poor Blake was in hot clothes, so we let him run through the splash park in his Easter clothes after service.  It does not get any better than that!  We told Kimberlyn she could to b/c her dress is washable, but she was not comfortable with that, but loved sticking her feet in the water.  Thankfully, we had Blake's underwear briefs on b/c his pants ended up falling down due to the weight and he had to walk back to the car in his shirt and underwear,but they looked like shorts.  What a blessing that was.  And I had a change of clothes for Blake, b/c a 3 year old boy should always have a change, at the car.  Memories of a lifetime. 

Saturday morning involved making pancakes with Kahuna - my dad has always been a baker and involved my friends and I growing up
Walking to the Egg Hunt and Memaw's Church - love that it was within walking distance
Blake showing his basket
The duo
Kimberlyn with Memaw
Blake with Memaw
Showing Memaw his eggs
Then it was fun at the neighborhood park
Love this picture my dad captured
Then we were off to dye eggs
Sweet legs decorating
Sweetness
Kimbo
Spending time with Great Memaw - Kimberlyn loved Memaw, she held her hand and helped her from place to place and wanted to play games wtih her.  The last picture shows Memaw allowing Kimber to wear her hand brace





More Pics to come!!!!

















2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm so glad you got to have such fun times with your family over Easter...but we really missed seeing you at church on Sunday!

Alice C said...

One can never have too many grandmothers (greatgrandmothers, semi-adopted grandmothers (elder friends), great aunts)---so glad that Kimberlyn and Blake have a bunch!