Last year our Elf was Andy. This year Kimberlyn wanted a girl and wanted her name to be Sarah. I just happened to find a Christmas Apron my Grandma made for one of my dolls. It looks lovely on Sarah. My mom and Jake laugh that is looks like a boy in a dress. What can you do? No choice!! Ha Ha. Nice to see my Grandma's legacy living on as well. I have the best memories of Christmas as a child with her. I do miss her!
Everyday Sarah finds a new place in the house b/c she leaves every night to visit Santa and make a report. While I know Santa is kind of controversial - I love the imagination of it. I remember loving it so much as a child. It makes me think of the song by the Oakride Boys, "Thank God for Kids." One line that is so powerful to me in that song is, "Thank God for kids there is magic for awhile." I agree. Santa is more about the fantasy than gifts.
| Sarah kind of likes our Drummer Boy ;) |
No comments:
Post a Comment