Monday, November 28, 2011

Memorable Quotes and Actions


Some quotes and likes that have happened recently that I don't want to forget.

Joshua (our best friend at Wimberley) noticed Blake had left their scene.  He says to Kimberlyn, "I don't know where your baby brother is."
Kimberlyn says, "He is not a baby."
I say, "It is ok Kimberlyn.  Technically he is your baby brother and always will be."
Kimberlyn says, "No, he is not a baby.  He is a big boy.  We cannot tell him that."
What a sweet sister.  I don't know if Blake realizes how much she looks out for him.  By the way he adores her - he might though. 

Blake singing "Picnic Party" over and over while we picniced off the side of the highway on our way to Wimberley.

Eating out of a lunchbox is one of their very favorite things to do.  I would say lunchbox day is right up there with McDonalds.  :)

If Blake falls down and gets hurt.  Kimberlyn rushes to him and picks him up and gives him a kiss.  So sweet. 

Blake can recognize cars a mile away.  Every time a car like Gigi's drives by - he notices.  And it is always right on the money.  He even saw a Jaguar and said, "That looks like Finn."  (Cars 2)

Before his hair cut.  I was fixing his hair, and when I got done Blake said, "That's Ethan's hair."  Ethan is one of Blake's best friends.  :)  According to Blake, Ethan is his brother (and Ashton).  When filling out a questionaire for our Operation Christmas child.  Jake told Blake he did not have any brothers.  Blake emphatically says, "Yes, I do!'  Dad says, "Who?"  Blake says, "Ethan and Ashton."  Ha Ha  Those boys will probably be like brothers to Blake. 

We have an Elf that comes to visit us on December 1st and stays until Christmas.  Last year our Elf was named Andy.  This year Kimberlyn says a girl is coming and her name is going to be Sarah.  I guess we will find out in a few days. 

This year we also started a Thankful Tree.  This was inspired by my friend Rachel.  It was so easy.  We just gathered acorns from the backyard.  Kids could do that easily.  We found a lot of great branches.  Jake made leaves and we all put things we were thankful for on the leaves and hung them on the branches.  Next year I want to premake a ton of leaves b/c the kids and us have so much to be thankful for.  I did not carry out the tree as much as I would have liked.  But it was a great start for this year.  Rachel also included a very cute Thankful Tree printable on her blog.  I will post a picture of our work of art later.  Next year I plan to be much more prepared.  I am also considering continuing this idea to Christmas.  Paint the acorns read and white.  Paint the branches green, and make ornaments stating what we are thankful for each day.  This project cost me $0.  Very much in the budget for the Bruehl household.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Haha! I love those! And we love Blake! :)