My brother and I are 15 years apart. It is so amazing his graduation day is here. I remember the day he was born - such a joyful day - I loved babies and he was my family. I also remembered thinking that when he graduates high school I will be 33 with 2 kids. And look what has happened! Robbie has graduated; I am 33 and I have 2 kids! Think and believe your future. That is what I hope Robbie is doing right now. What a blessing that Robbie is attending the greatest State school in the world - Oklahoma State University. There is a long line of family that has gone to this great school, and I am thrilled Robbie is following in our footsteps.
Robbie plans to major in Computer Science and would love to create video games one day. I know he is thinking it and believing it everyday; so he has a better than average chance of that vision coming true. Many prayers will be with this special boy as he ventures through college. I look forward to many visits. And now I will have my Dad and Kathy to ride with so I can actually go to Homecoming. Jake cannot go b/c he is a football coach, and of course Homecoming is during the football season. Pretty sad that Football coaches cannot get away for football games. :( But thankfully, I will have my dad and Kathy now - and Jake's mom lives in Ponca City (only an hour away). Homecoming is an impossible time to find a place to stay - so I can just shoot over to my MIL for a visit with her and Papa Johnny as well. I am so excited. I cannot wait for my kids to experience homecoming, and they will get to experience it with their Uncle Robbie - a current student!
I love my brother so much! I have so many pictures of him, it was hard to choose. But I wanted to show a picture of how young Robbie was when I was in college. I am a college student in all of the pictures. A couple of the pictures are in Minnesota; a family trip we took my Senior Year. Several of my favorite pictures are missing. Too bad these pictures are before digital cameras got so good, and it was easy to file them on a website. But I do love these pictures.
In this set of pictures, I am actually in college in only one of them. One is a picture of Robbie, Kathy and I in London (my graduation gift), and the other is OSUs first Football bowl game win - in a really long time. We celebrated in Lake Tahoe by building a snowman and letting the snowman hold the OSU flag. Good times.
Here are some pictures of the celebratory family! Kimberlyn took the picture of Jake and I at the graduation.





No comments:
Post a Comment