Thursday, February 10, 2011

Simple Things I Love

During all the snow days, I got to thinking about several simple things that give me joy. (Obviously this is besides God and my family - although they are interwined in everything listed)

1) When I get the dishes done - washed and put up- at night, so in the morning I don't have to worry about them.
2) Blake's love for snow ball fights. He was not into the snowman or snow angels, but once we got going with the snowball fight - he was all about it.
3) Our walk around the block in the snow took forever b/c Blake would not stop throwing snowballs. :)
4) Kimbo's love for eating snow. On our walk, she took a big ball of snow (one we started for a snowman) and ate it all around the block.
5) Fires in a fireplace!
6) A phone call from a friend
7) Hugs and kisses from the kiddos (and my hubby - that goes without saying. :) )
8) Listening to the kids prayers (usually involves their favorite characters, the whole world, family, Kimberlyn even thanked him for the color pink) Blake's very first prayer all on his own was, "Dear God, Help us." :) He said that one over and over for a couple of months.
9) Listening to what the kids are thankful for every morning on the way to school (one day I woke up in a very bad mood and forgot to ask them, but the kids did not forget. Kimberlyn said, "I am thankful for birds." And Ellie said, "I am thankful for cars." And I said, "I am thankful for 2 sweet girls who just reminded me of God's amazing love."
10) That I get to take 3 beautiful, healthy, happy, God-loving kids to school
11) Riding bikes with the kids
12) The time I have with the kids while they are young
13) Watching Jake and the kids play hide and seek. Kimberlyn is becoming a great hider - Blake counts with his eyes peeking through his hands and he chases each person trying to hide as he is counting, Blake also hides for a second and then decides he is going to search instead of hide.
14) Listening to Kimberlyn learning to read, and cuddling on our bed reading together before singing and praying
15) And of course, I think of one more. Blake's drive by hugs. We can be standing around doing anything - cooking, talking, getting ready and all of sudden a force of nature runs by giving you the most forceful hug almost knocking you over. Love it!
16) That the kids love waking up to me singing Rise and Shine and Give God the Glory Glory Kimbo and Blake of the Lord.

and the list goes on....Happiness is a feeling, but joy is a state of mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this list!

Christina said...

Very sweet!