Friday, February 04, 2011

A Light Dusting of Snow?

What a fun suprise to wake up to the most beautiful snow ever. It was fluffy and dry, so it was not too cold and we could stay out and play a long time. We live in Texas and we rarely ski, so we had to scrounge to find good snow clothes. Jake and I are wearing ski clothes from our high school days. Kimberlyn is wearing orange pants (which are way too short, snow boots compensated for that), a hot pink coat, and a red hat, but still looks way cute. Only a kid can pull that off. :) I think I will invest in some snow clothes now that we have had 2 great years of snow. That will solidify that it will probably never happen again. We are having a blast. A little disappointed it is too dry for a snowman, but the nice dry snow is so great (especially for those going out without snow boots). Kiddos had snow boots b/c we have some Colorado loving friends who pass them down to us. :)





Blake is not as fond of laying in the snow as his sister is....


Snow Angel Kimberlyn






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya'll are so cute! I was just talking to a friend about how we don't have snow clothes either. Especially for Ethan. We just have to deal with the wet clothes afterward!

Christina said...

So much fun! I still haven't gotten out in it... I better put my brave pants on! Haha - OH and the blog layout is PRECIOUS!

Lindsay said...

Thanks, friends! Christina, Rachel designed my blog. I love it too!

Rachel said...

You guys have way more snow than we do here in Utah a.k.a. "greatest snow on earth". I think Texas is giving us a run for our money!!! So much fun. The Blog looks amazing, excellent job!

Lindsay said...

Rachel L - that is funny. I am sure it b/c we have the Super Bowl here this weekend. :) But we have had 2 great years of snow here. I think Texas misses you. I know we do!